Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Sun 30 Oct 11

USA | Monday, 31 October 2011 | Views [351]

Have to admit to being slightly concerned about the trip home, after the Qantas shut down.  However, I see today that the Federal arbitrator has decreed all industrial action terminated for 21 days and with that assurance, Qantas will start getting aircraft back in the air, while they stoush with the unions off camera.

So we're back to Plan A, leaving Washington on Wednesday 2 Nov at 5.40pm (local) and arriving home on Fri 4 Nov.

I had a quick look today at the US Visa requirements and noted that while Australians are one of 35 nationalities who do not require visas for entry into the US for up to 90 days, any stay longer than that without a visa application is illegal.  Our stay will be 91 days, ie 3 Aug - 2 Nov, but I think they will be happy to see us go, regardless.

Today again started with a very cold morning - there was thick ice on the windscreens of the cars, but it warmed up when the sun got going and reminded me of a wintery day in Canberra.  I was able to give the lawn a final mow and then adjust the mower blades, to a fine tolerance.

Marg did some final shopping steriod tablets and seems to be handling it all quite well.  We were told his appetite would become voracious and it has.     

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.