Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Fri 28 Oct 11

USA | Saturday, 29 October 2011 | Views [333]

A very cold day here here - there were reports on the news about snow having fallen in Vermont and apparently New York has commenced its preparations for the snow and ice season.  It was very piccadilly here, when we got Leanne to drop us off at the Giant supermarket, so we could get hold of some groceries and purchase a bag conforming to the airlines specs for cabin baggage.

We found one at K Mart and together with all the groceries, managed the long walk home to Itte Lane.  It may well be the last time we do that, but perhaps there are another one or two walks left for us to accomplish, before boarding the flying kangaroo.

Again I noticed signs in shop windows seeking staff - is this the start of the re-employment of America's out of work or are these jobs never filled ?  I saw the same notices at Potomac Mills and wondered if, just like at home, there are folk around who would rather accept the dole, than work for their living.

The rest of this cold day was spent with Marg packing up and weighing suitcases, while I did some final work on the interior of the garden shed, ie outside !  The wall anchors that I've been waiting for, finally arrived yesterday so the remaining shelf can now be assembled and the whole thing packed up inside.

The more or less, final result -

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.