Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Thu 27 Oct 11

USA | Friday, 28 October 2011 | Views [393]

Trapped indoors again by the rain.

All we could do today, was to finish off the painting of all the brass bits around the house.  There were only a couple of door knobs left to paint, but they were given a coat of oil rubbed bronze, as was the overhead fan in the guest bedroom.  That required it to be disconnected from the power supply and dismantled to get at a circular piece of dressy brass, then re-assembled and hooked back up to the power.

Marg began the packing of one suitcase today and the Model T spokes were wrapped and positioned so that they can be easily accessed by the quarantine people, when we reach Brisbane.

About a week ago we saw this little hand weighing device advertised;

and decided it was the bees knees.

It works by attaching the webbing strap to the handle of a suitcase.  The weight in lbs or kgs appears in the window, so you can decide if the case will comply with airline maximums or if you have to remove 50 or so lbs/kgs.  We've always used bathroom scales before, to give us some idea of weight, but they are often inaccurate - hopefully this little device will be as accurate as the airline's scales. 

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.