Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Sat 15 Oct 11

USA | Monday, 17 October 2011 | Views [552]

Although overcast initially, today was rain free and the PM was good outdoor weather with no hint of humidity.

Gizmo seems to be slightly better, or perhaps he is simply getting used to his inert left leg.  He is hobbling about now whereas before, he was more or less dragging his uncooperative limb.  He is off on Monday to see the acupuncturist, so we'll see if that produces any improvement.

Marg and I walked down to Home Depot just after lunch to procure some home improvement products including a sheet of masonite, which the friendly staff at HD cut for us so we could fit it in the car.  It is destined to become shelves in the pantry - Leanne already has a set of Ikea shelves there, but they're grated and smaller items fall off them, so we'll make proper shelving.

We aso found some tubing of the right diameter, so I'll be able to cut that up and use it as protection around the pop up sprinklers.

Done that -

Very pleased to have found that tubing - it looked at one stage as if we eweren't going to find any and I'd have to send some over from home.  Now, job done.

Went out to Fuddruckers for tea tonight.  We've been to a different Fuddruckers when we were here before and it was interesting to compare the two.  Didn't really think much of this new place - it lacks the atmosphere of the Alexandria based Fuddruckers and I also think I've probably had my fill of hamburgers anyway ! 

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.