Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Fri 14 Oct 11

USA | Saturday, 15 October 2011 | Views [330]

Another wet day and some periods of this day, were very wet.  It fined up a little after midday and we were able to hand over our nurse maiding duties with Gizmo, to Brian.  In lieu, we went to Home Depot and sundry other shops, looking for raw mterials to accomplish a number of tasks around the home.  Leanne has realised I think, that we only have two more weeks before we re-acquaint ourselves with Qantas.

Gizmo has not improved and his left rear leg is now very floppy.  He has difficulty getting around and when he does have to move from one place to another, the left leg is simply dragged along the ground.  Leanne checked with the animal neurological specialist, to whom she was referred last night, but they are talking in the region of $2000 with no guarantees.  She is going to take him to an acupuncturist on Monday to see if there is anything that can be done.  The cause seems to be a mystery - whatever it is has moved very quickly from an obvious irritant to complete immobility.  

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.