Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Sun 16 Oct 11

USA | Monday, 17 October 2011 | Views [359]

Today was spent mainly around the house.  While Leanne put a good deal of time and knowledge into removing the virus(es) off this computer, Marg did the washing and some cleaning up outside.  The computer had a couple of Trojan sicknesses embedded and they were tough to master, though we were successful in the end.  The laptop would simply crash, or would not load what was asked of it and sometimes would load something completely different.  Now it's back in form and reliable, though for a while I thought its next home might be the rubbish bin. 

I got out and did some of the jobs around the house that are on a new list, devised in collusion between Marg and Leanne.  Will it never end ?

I borrowed a ladder from the bloke next door and got onto the roof to plug some holes in one of the skylights, which leak during major downpours.  Also fixed a leaky gutter and hung up a clock.  With Marg, I cut out some shelves for the pantry storage unit and contacted them with some paper from Target.

 

Also hung a whirlygig in the shape of a kookaburra with his evening meal (a snake), in his beak-

 

and saw some interesting vapour trails (six of them ?), in the very still morning air over northern Virginia -

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.