Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Monday 12 Sep 11

USA | Wednesday, 14 September 2011 | Views [193]

I went into town (Alexandria) with Leanne this morning.  She dropped me off at Ace Hardware on South Washington St.  We are going to lay a sprinkler system on the new back lawn and garden and I wanted to pick up some pop up sprinklers and reticulation pipe, so that Leanne and/or Brian simply has to connect the hose to the pipe and turn it on for a set period.

Unfortunately the US does not seem to make much use of the reticulation systems we find so common in West Australia - or at least this side of the country seems unacquainted with the systems.  We found a number of websites which supply the fittings and pop ups, but locating a stocked up hardware store seems difficult.  Certainly Ace didn't have them, though their website indicated the opposite.  They also seem to be rare in the bigger chains such as Lowes and Home Depot.  We'll continue to do our research.

While I was in town, Marg took care of the washing and sundry domestic tasks.  Brian was not well today - his back is painful and there are moves afoot to have it taken care of surgically.  What he has seems similar to my issues in 2007, for which thankfully, I found an excellent surgeon (now deceased !) who operated successfully.  We hope Brian's maladies are as easily solved.

We saw a chipmunk this morning, eating the seeds from the bird feeder outside the kitchen window.  Below are a couple of pics that he let us take:

  

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.