Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Sunday 28 Aug 11

USA | Tuesday, 30 August 2011 | Views [227]

Today, just to keep our hands in, we first we visited Home Depot, Lowes and Wegman's - the latter is an enormous grocery store, with every conceivable variety of fruit, vegetable, cereal and any other type of edible you might need or want.  A truely unique spectacle. 

Onto the home improvements - this was a front garden working day.  On the eastern half of the house front, we managed to lay the dividing concrete edgers, followed by the weed mat and then the gravel.  The rear part of this area of the front garden nearest the house wall, was filled full of mulch and one extra shrub.

As soon as that was done, we layed the edgers, in a two row wall along the western front of the house.  We interspersed four fake (ie plastic) half barrel flower pots along this wall.  We glued the bottom row of these edgers to the bitumen and the rear lip on these edgers will hold the remaining rows in place.  The whole effect looks tremendous and I'll be able to put up a photo of the work, as soon as I can regain control of the USB card reader, which was inadvertently left behind in the shop - should get that back on Friday.   

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.