Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Saturday 27 Aug 11

USA | Monday, 29 August 2011 | Views [216]

Didn't get to do a great deal today, mainly due to the effects of Hurricane Irene.  Although we didn't see much of the gusty winds predicted for areas closer to the coast, we did get quite a lot of rain and digging in clay in the rain, ain't no fun.

When Leanne returned from work, she pasted some stick on patterned rice paper onto the glass panels on a couple of her French doors, which has added a little flavour to these portals.

While Irene made us house bound in the PM, in the morning we were able to lay a set of edgers along the concrete pathway out the back in preparation for a gravel bed and some plastic edging material, which will hopefully next week, separate our imported grass from an area of mulch and bush, bordering the back fence.

The afternoon was a washout - I think we received a few inches of rain, but no real damage that was noticeable.  It was a different story closer to the coast though, with a few folk losing their lives as a result of falling trees and sundry other natural consequences of wild storms. 

  

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.