Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Tuesday 23 Aug 11

USA | Thursday, 25 August 2011 | Views [201]

Leanne dropped us off at the shopping centre this morning, on her way to work.  We picked up a few things (heavy things) at Trader Joe's, Giant and K Mart, before walking the 2 miles home. 

After returning home, we had a rest and then attacked the jungle on the eastern side of the house.  While uncovering a previously well tended garden bed here, we met the next door neighbour and his little girl Emily.  He is as they say "of middle eastern appearance", but quite happy for us to be working on weeds and I think he might have designs on his own crop. The house has a sump pump which drains the water automatically from under the concrete pad, whenever it rains.  A bit of an odd arrangement, or at least it's unusual to me.  Also discovered a frog in this very moist section of the plot - Leanne thought she knew him !

When Leanne returned home, we headed out to visit a few shops.  With the wedding fast approaching, there is renewed vigour in the female of the species.  Lists are being produced for all manner of things and calculations are being compiled.  Just before we left, a small dog from over the road started misbehaving and I went over to talk to the two or three fellows there.  They were South Americans of some sort, but very pleasant - I assume they were having a beer after work.  I asked one of them what he did and the answer was cladding.  I guess that meant he was working on new homes, putting on the exterior walls/cladding.  One of them offered me a beer, but I told them I had overstayed my welcome as I could see Margaret and Leanne were keen to be off. 

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.