Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Day 5 - Sunday 7 Aug 11

USA | Tuesday, 9 August 2011 | Views [217]

Walked down to the shopping plaza this morning to pick up some milk for the weeties and allbran.  I was out of the house by 6.30am and, although I guess it was fairly early on a day of rest, I was just a tad surprised to see no one else on the street.

Not feeling the very best today - I think I have a cold which is doing its best to hang around and deliver a feeling of malaise.  Nonetheless we have work to do so we drove to Home Depot to pick up some necessary tooling, then off to Subway for lunch followed by a trip to Mozart's Carwash where Leanne delivered a completely wiped laptop, to Ed Raslowsky (her boss' father).  We are old friends with Ed and his wife Eileen, who run a very large carwash in Woodbridge.  It is however becoming overshadowed by an even larger (and I mean big) church being built almost across the street.  Costing some $20 million, (they've found that tithing is a very profitable system), this is going to be a significant landmark, if the foundations are any guide.

Anyway, Ed was there and Leanne passed over the laptop, then uploaded various things onto his new computer while Ed provided his impressions of the Government.

Stayed in tonight.

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.