Existing Member?

Jack Be Nimble My excursion to the bottom half of the "other" America!

Venting!

BOLIVIA | Friday, 22 May 2009 | Views [623] | Comments [1]

It´s Friday.

I´m in La Paz, Bolivia, my third day here, and still, I can´t F%·"! BREATHE!!...the altitude leaves me short of breathe...well, maybe the pack of cigarettes I smoked last nite helps as well. 

I have not written in quite sometime.  I do keep a paper journal which I write in pretty often, however, writting on this computer just doesn´t have the same feel. 

I arrived in Bolivia from Northern Argentina.  My first boarder crossing by foot.  Usually it´s by bus, or plane, and even in car when I went from Peru back to Chile.  I fell in love with Bolivia pretty quick.  It´s extremely cheap, about 7B$(bolivianos) to one U$Dollar.  A huge lunch, soup, salad, rice, potato, and chicken costs about 9B$!

So, since last time I wrote something I have since been through Peru, Chile, Argentina, went back to Brasil, back to Argentina, and now Bolivia.

Laker´s lost Game 2 last nite to denver :(

Got drunk last nite, started with a rum (ron en español) y coke, vodka tonics, then to beer...feel lovely today.

Still short of breathe.

My funds are running low...dangerously low...as in, I am thinking about work back in the states LOW!!...16 months however...a small price to pay.  What will I do for work?...probably go back to substitute teaching and bartending...it paid for this trip!

I look forward to checking my emails...hoping that my inbox will read "24 New Messages"...no such luck...no writes me...no one remembers me?...no one cares? hahahahah!!! self-pity...and here I am...traveling South America.

I am very disturbed...my memory card on my camera reads "Memory Card Error"...WTF!!...does this mean I have lost all my pictures!!¿¿...I do have another memory card that has alot of pictures as well, but the other has the majority...this could be devasting for me...though, I guess it´s better than losing it all...

I have developed a distaste for "Lonely Planet" travel books...I see them EVERYWHERE! the backpacker´s bible, so to speak...yet, why the hell do you need to carry it everywhere with you!?...You´re just taking a stroll in the plaza, take some notes and leave it in the hostel!!

I have developed a distaste for the "backpacker´s travel pants"...you know, the kind that zip off at the knees...

I have developed a distaste for all things "gringo"...but, hey, that´s me!...I´m a GRINGO!!...and I am traveling the "Gringo Trail"...basically you see everyone in the same places, the same routes...familiar faces, some you are happy to see, and some, you just keep walking...

I miss my niece Gaia, though I do get to hear her voice when I call my brother every now and then...

I don´t really like calling on the Skype, the reason being is that you have to talk kind of loud, and everyone in the internet cafe is staring at the loud English speaker!...my Dad is yelling on the other end "Son! I can barely hear you!!"...

I have developed a distaste for the loud Skype talkers...

I woke up the other morning on some wooden floor...in some type of office or house, not really sure...this was in Sucre, Bolivia...I had some type of red paint on my right hand, a bracelet on each wrist, and an anklet...Wow! what a night!...I was caught red-handed??

I have developed a distaste for hangover´s...

I have been thinking of ALL the different ways I can share my stories once I get back to the US.  My friend Joanne is a high school "Foods" teacher, I would love to go and visit her class, tell the students about all the wonderful foods (and not so great as well) here in Sur America.  Maybe even mention some of the national beverages as well...I want to do a slideshow of course, but keep it short...than again, if all my pictures are lost!! ¡Que disastre!

Well, I guess I have vented enough...maybe even disclosed a little too much?...I´ll start another chapter now, stricly about Bolivia...

For I have developed a distaste for "venting"...

Comments

1

"No one writes me" whateeeever

love,
chopped liver ;)

  me May 23, 2009 8:11 AM

About jacques360


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.