Existing Member?

Jack Be Nimble My excursion to the bottom half of the "other" America!

Brazil

BRAZIL | Thursday, 19 February 2009 | Views [552] | Comments [1]

I am in Florianopolis, Brazil

An island, in the south of Brazil.

Praia Armacão, south-east of the island.

Bell~s Company Hostel.  Gecko the owner, is an absolute genius, knowing everyone~s name, where they~re from, and which bed is their~s.

Daily routine consists of walking out to the patio, overlooking the ocean, grabbing my breakfast tray of bread, fruit, coffee, fresh juice, cheese and ham.  Walk the 30 seconds down the steps to the water.  Contemplate what to do next...walk to the other beach, stay here, go buy a coconut to drink, etc. etc....

I am in love with this country.  The culture, the music, food, women, smiles, language (very challenging to understand, and even harder to speak).

Carnival has possessed all the traveler~s.  It is THE thing to do...or, more like, it does you.  Samba in the streets.  This past Saturday, a big truck pulled up in front of the hostel, there was a big band which played for hours into the night...

The beers are chilled to an ice-cold, boarderline freezing temperature.  Ice cold!!!...they bring them to you in a container which keeps them cold in warm-beach air. 

Lunch and dinner consists of fresh fruit, empanadas filled with shrimp, meat or chicken...healthy, filling, and cheap...

All of this, and yet, still, I will leave to put my one-man tent on a desserted beach for a few days....

 

Comments

1

Hi,
Would you be so kind to send me Gecko's MSN?
I've been in bells last year and I lost his email.

Best regards,
Carla

  Carla Apr 29, 2009 6:32 AM

About jacques360


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.