Existing Member?

Jack Be Nimble My excursion to the bottom half of the "other" America!

The Mosts! The Biggest! The Highest!

BOLIVIA | Friday, 22 May 2009 | Views [502]

I have seen some amazing sights...some places I had never heard of prior to arriving here...You meet all the other traveler´s and they tell stories about all the other places...Which tour company to use for instance.  Which hostel to avoid, which hostel to stay in.  

For example...I had never, ever, heard of Iguasu Falls!! The most impressive display of waterfalls, maybe in the world?

Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia, the Biggest Salt Flats in the world!! News to me upon my arrival here...

Potosi, the Highest City in the World!...take a deep breathe...you can´t!

La Paz, the Highest Capital in the World!...my present location...

I have seen the largest penguin colony in the world, south Chile...no idea that was here...just came across it...

The driest desert in the world, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile...

The largest collection of dinosaur footprints in the world, Sucre, Bolivia...

In two days I will arrive in Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world...

So, I keep my eyes open...seeing sights that I never knew existed...yes, it´s a beautiful world, and no, I will not be able to see it ALL! This frightens me, in fact, it has become my biggest fear, knowing that I will leave this Earth without seeing EVERYTHING!...oh well, enjoy, cherish what I do see.

About jacques360


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.