Existing Member?

Jack Be Nimble My excursion to the bottom half of the "other" America!

Hostel Awards

BRAZIL | Saturday, 7 February 2009 | Views [648]

I have composed a short list of some of the Hostel´s I have stayed in throughout this past year...I think I cover them all...

Best Bed...Hostal Costañera, Punta Arenas, Chile...very comfortable bed, sank right in!...hard to get up in the morning.

Worst Bed...Hostal Patricia, Valpairaiso, Chile...the house was infested with termites, came back late the first night and my bed was the landing pad for the termites who were falling from the ceiling...I had to use my sarong and towel to create a type of semi-fort over my bed...horrible nights sleep.

Best Breakfast...Sampa Hostel, São Paulo, Brazil...fresh papaya, watermelon, and cakes...the X-factor is the real coffee, none of that Nescafe stuff!

Best Owner...Alma Gaucha Hostel, Puerto Natales, Chile...Johnny Callahan, a Chilean of Irish descent, and absolute lunatic with a heart of gold.  Would sing songs late into the evening while crying into his wine, beer, pisco, or whatever other alcohol he could find.  I miss you Johnny!

Best View...Plaza de Armas Hostel, Santiago, Chile...a nice hostel overlooking....the Plaza de Armas!

Most Chill...Kilca Backpacker´s Inn, Buenos Aires...relaxing, and very quiet...the complete opposite of...

Most Uncomfortable...Downtown Maté Hostel, Buenos Aires...loud, 25 hour a day party, no ventilation in the hot, humid, sticky, Buenos Aires air, and even a giant rat was spotted roaming the grounds...this lead me to the Kilca though...something good always comes out of it.

Most feels like a home...Hostel Patricia, Puerto Montt, Chile...yes, another Hostel Patricia, but this one felt like being home, and that is because it is a home!...very nice people.

Best Party...Cool Raul Hostel, Rosario, Argentina...Omar and Israel make sure you are well supplied.  I saw the sun come up 4 days in a row.  I´m too old for this shit!  A great time, the second I walked in I was greeted with a beer, an asado, and other mind-altering treats...miss you guys!

Sentimental Value...Andes Hostel, Santiago, Chile...you were my first, I will always a have a special place in my heart for you.

About jacques360


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.