Existing Member?

hippy trippin

pre-trip musings

USA | Friday, 15 June 2007 | Views [719]

I'm spending the night at home tonight preparing to leave for Paris in a few days...and I always, always over pack. I'm totally the girl that goes away for 2 days and brings 8 changes of clothes: two casual shorts/shirts, two casual jeans/tops (dark and light), two dress pants/tops (short/short sleeve) and two dress pants (long/long sleeve), just in case...(you never know when you might be caught in the desert one day and a blizzard the next).

This time though...I seriously want to take nothing but my hairdryer (Paris isn't big enough for my hair and humidity), makeup bag, brush, toothbrush, journal, paints, camera, tennis shoes, two casual outfits and a jacket and my books. That's it. I think I'm seriously going to buy everything else when I get there...maybe even the tennis shoes. Shoot, now that I think about it, I'm sure they have books in Paris and paints too!

I'm all about detaching right now...I want removal of everything that I feel like I can't live without. I want to know what it feels like to go without and figure it out. I want to know what not lugging around 3 suitcases full of crap that I really don't care that much about feels like. I want to know what it feels like to come home with my heart full and my bags empty. I want to know what it feels like to bring souvenirs home by way of my eyes and my words and the colors in my art...and nothing else.

I wanted to create a space to write in while I am away...writing is such a part of me...the inner part that hides under layers of garments on the exterior, but is so open to running around naked in my words. I know that beautiful things are going to pour out of this trip and into me and through me...and I wanted to share it with those that I know will appreciate seeing it through my eyes.

VERY few will have access to this...this is really a space for those I trust most with the view of my mind and the trip that will happen in body, but also in my soul. I want to take you all with me on my journey. Here is your path...


XO,

T

Tags: Packing & gadgets

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.