Existing Member?

at home in the world Welcome to my chronicle. I have embarked on my 'global art studio tour' (GAST). Who knows how long i'll be gone or where exactly it will take me. I hope to meet as many artists, see as many studios, and make as much art work as possible before my return. If you wish to sponsor me, you will receive a peice of artwork, of your choice, after my return at the value of which you sponsor me. (does that make sense?) Put another way, you can pre-purchase artwork from me, if you would like. The two ways to get money to me are (1)Send it to my parents who will deposit it: c/o Ron & Janine Parrish, 9102 Towanna Tr., Austin, TX 78736, USA. OR (2) email me (via this website) for Paypal information. (my account is under my email address, if you already have that.) Thanks so much. Please comment as freely and frequently as you wish on articles and picture. ~heather

Tidbits

INDONESIA | Friday, 23 March 2007 | Views [525] | Comments [2]

Some of my favorite things:

-how EVERYONE, especially the men, wear flowers behind their ears. often behind both ears.

-how the dragonflies come out to dance, or proform their fighter-jet exercises, before it rains (or everyday at 1 - i havn't  figured out which one yet) You  would think the birds would take advantage of this. But,no. this is a private ritual.

-my bamboo wind chimes which some previous tenant graced upon my front porch. Also an indicator of rain - that seems to be the only time they chime.

-The CONTINUAL (i am not exagerating) soundrack of cooing doves and crickets. The doves far away sound like whooping warriors; close by like declarations of contentment!

-Gamelon music - and how every afternoon i can hear it across the rice paddy - my afternoon sound system.

-the shy and goofy looking bird that lives under the rice in the paddy in front of my house. he's so shy & funny looking & graceful all at once. he likes to creep up and eat the rice off the offering. and bugs, i guess. ithink of us as friends.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Wow- you've got it rough, girl. Living in a tropical paradise watching the wildlife, going to art and dance shows, and reading lots of books. Mmmm jealous???

  angie Mar 27, 2007 3:02 AM

2

Wow-- I stayed home from Hope Group for some silence. The first bit in a really long time. As I was praying, I asked God if it was OK to come and read your blog because I have only had the chance to skim it. It is almost painful to read! I am painfully happy for you... and painfully ready to sit on a porch overlooking the rainforest with coffee in hand. I think it was just what i needed to book my plane tickets to France. Any chance you could meet me and Amelie and Leslie and co. in Provence in late May, early June?

  Jessica Mar 30, 2007 11:27 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.