Existing Member?

My African adventure

Feeling slightly degenerate

GHANA | Wednesday, 6 January 2010 | Views [329] | Comments [1]

Well after trying unsuccessfully to get Barclays to part with my money, I went back to Swedru - and then promptly left to go away for New Year's Eve, again to the beach. When you're based in the south of Ghana, it's madness not to go to the beach at such auspicious times. Except that the event turned out to be a bit of a damp squib ... Stayed in a beautiful Lodge but there was a dearth of people (can't imagine why the place wasn't heaving, it was completely glorious as the pix will show if I can ever get them uploaded. Difficult to do today). A load of Dutch staying at the next door lodge but they were definitely lacking in the new year spirit though we did all ooh and aah at the bonfire and fireworks at midnight. I sorely missed singing Auld Lang Syne with friends but the weather more than made up for it ...

New Year's Day saw us at Elmina Castle which is one of the main slave camps in the area, along with Cape Coast Castle that we visited the next day. More of both of these in my next blog - along with stories of my last two days at the orphanage which were filled with both joy at seeing the babes again after a few days absence and immense sadness as I said goodbye to them all. Not a tear shed saying goodbye to Madame however - surprised?!!

Signing off for now as this session is very slow and I have to pack to get ready for my travels tomorrow. First stop is Kumasi for a couple of days then northward to Timale and Mole National Park to see elephants, monkeys, crocs, antelope etc.

Great to hear from you all - keep commenting.

Love to all ...

Comments

1

This is quite a different picture Hel and I hope you are having a fabulous time exploring the beauty of your chosen country. XXX

  Maggi Reid Jan 12, 2010 8:22 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.