Existing Member?

My African adventure

Days not weeks or months now

GHANA | Friday, 6 November 2009 | Views [559] | Comments [5]

At long last, I think I've mastered how to use this blog. It helps if you log in first! Still not sure how to use the tags or how to attach photos but I daresay, I'll find out in time.

Today I had the dubious pleasure of going to the Ghanaian High Commission to collect my visa. Interesting experience - I felt like a naughty schoolgirl when I went to the front of the queue, only to be told (sorry, waved) to sit down. After all, it was only 9.50 and the desk opened at 10.00. A taste of things to come?

Comments

1

I found you! Great to see you at the gig on Monday night, being all VIP on a reserved table! Good luck with the last of your preparations (I'm with you on that one) and I'll follow your journey as I go about my own. Much love xx

  rose allett Nov 12, 2009 4:25 AM

2

Hi there Helen

Great to see that your Ghana plans are well underway. My tip for you is to enjoy every minute of the experience. Sometimes things will go your way and at other times they just won't. Its all an experience - just remember to pack lots of laughter and smiles into every day and keep smiling through it all :)

Enjoy
Priti

  Priti Nov 12, 2009 4:52 AM

3

Thanks to Rose I have found your site! Looks great, and look forward to reading your news from time to time. But don't be a slave to the computer - enjoy the lack of technology (and running water etc. etc..)

  Sue Allett Nov 12, 2009 4:59 AM

4

Oooh, I'll be bookmarking this site and following with avid interest. The best tip I can give you is that when People Of Colour are encountered in out of the way parts, you will do well to speak English slowly and loudly in a faux pidgin accent....

  Mrs O H Nov 12, 2009 4:39 PM

5

Hi Hum

You must be on countdown now!

Loads of love

Rumxx

  Ruth Nov 18, 2009 5:53 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.