Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

Guests

FRANCE | Saturday, 28 January 2012 | Views [617]

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I used to know someone who deliberately mispronounced guests as gits, after meeting some of this seasons guests I know why!

The first group were nice enough, but so untidy! Within 12 hours of arriving they had trashed their rooms, clothes everywhere, makeup all over the sink, duvets falling out of the covers, drinks spilt, crisps, breadcrumbs, sweets and their wrappers everywhere. It took ages to clean in the morning, but we managed to get a bit of snow time in.

Then Christmas week was unbelievable. We had a family of eight staying with us. The two mums were sisters and then their two husbands and each couple had two grown up children. The two families had never holidayed together before and I think I can safely say after this week, they will not be doing it again! It had never occurred to me that a grown adult, in his late 50’s could be a brat. During the week, they got more and more demanding and it felt like nothing we did was right, from the size of the dessert spoons, to the location of the bus stop, from the chalet temperature being too hot for one and too cool for another to not having a real fire.

We did have other guests as well and they were nice, and a couple got engaged on Christmas morning, so that was nice.

Strangely, over Christmas we didn’t have any small children, but we did over new years.

The guests we had over New Year were weird as well. There was a family, with small children and they were such telly addicts, they would rather sit and watch dodgy game shows in French than talk to each other, then the young lad who bought home a Russian “princess” at 7.30 in the morning because they had been out all night and he couldn’t work out how to get her home. Eventually he put her on a bus, which didn’t suit her at all, apparently she had never been on a bus before, and his response to that was “well it will be a new experience for you!” I think he was losing patience with her by this time.

Then we had a big group booking, 21 people who were all together, they were good fun, very rowdy, playing drinking games all the time, but best bit was, 11 of them were from Grimsby! So maybe I was a bit biased towards them!

Then we had the weirdest group of all, 19 people on a singles holiday who didn’t know each other. They also worked to their own timescale; either that or they needed a new watch. We serve evening dinner at 7.30, and every night there would be people drifting down up until 8.00, then they wondered why their food was cold!! There was definitely a reason these people were single and couldn’t find a friend to go skiing with.

This week we have a good bunch at last. They have been holidaying together for 18 years, they regularly use chalets, so they know the drill, they are polite, chatty, tidy and on time!

Let’s see what next week brings!

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.