Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

Meltdown

FRANCE | Monday, 8 March 2010 | Views [327]

Meltdown

Well it had to happen soon, I’ve done really well to get away with it so long really, but burning the candle both ends finally caught up with me and I started feeling poorly. Plus skiing round resort in bunny ears and a basque was maybe not the best idea in hindsight. Or playing rugby and getting scrummed in a snow drift. Or even doing spring clean without gloves on because that’s where it all started.

My arms started itching, and then I got a rash, first on my right arm then my left. |Then my legs came out in a rash. Then my back packed up and left, I could hardly bend down, kind of made it difficult getting pans out of the bottom cupboards, then I got loads of ulcers at the back of my throat, my ears blocked up and I went deaf and Verity hit the roof when my nose bunged up and I started snoring like a trooper!

I was in a mess.

I decided to slow things down for a bit, especially as I really wanted to go to Pirate Night on the Tuesday and a company organised day out in Annecy on the Wednesday.

So lots of early nights and no skiing, lots of fruit and vege and vitamin pills and started feeling better.

Thought I was over the worse, until this week when I woke up on Friday morning and everything was aching, even my little toe! Verity said I looked shit and should not go to work, so after a quick phone call, I went back to bed drugged up on Lemsips and slept all day. By teatime the aching had subsided and I was beginning to feel human again. I don’t like using the term flu because I think it is overused, but it was definitely flu like symptoms.

Anyway, definitely feeling better now, the temp outside is minus 15 and the wind chill factor is making it minus 37, so we are holed up in the flat with cups of tea and DVDs and I am catching up with you all because I know I have been very lax recently.

So don’t worry, lesson is learned and I will look after myself from now on and Mum, I am OK!

Love to all xxxxx

 

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.