Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

Utility Bills and other stuff

IRELAND | Tuesday, 7 July 2009 | Views [544] | Comments [2]

I reckon that if the government brings in ID cards it will make my life so much easier!

Unless i pay a gas bill or electric bill i am not allowed to exist.

Today I have mostly been trying to register for a PPS number, (like a British National Insureance number)What a palava.

I thought I had it sussed when i changed my bank account in the UK to an Ireland address,so all my statements were addressed to me in Ireland, but no, according to the man in the social welfare office it does not prove that i reside in Ireland EH? go figure, why would you send your bank account to a place you don't live?

Eventually managed to convince him i was living here by getting a bank statement from Claire, and getting her to sign a letter saying i was living with her.

The ridiculous thing was, I had an interview, but they would not interview me unless i had a PPS number.

Eventually got a letter from the welfare office saying i had applied to them and the number was being sorted and would be posted to me, and at the interview I was offered a weeks work at Galway races, supervising in a burger bar! So a good result in the end, except i still need to open a bank account, which i can't do till i get the PPS number.

Going to Dublin tomorrow, so will take loads of photos and have my first glass of Guinness.

Take care xx

Comments

1

How was the guinness?
xx
P.S bring me a crate back.

  Helen (little Sister) Jul 11, 2009 1:51 AM

2

well have read your blog and am writing this just to prove it and arnt I clever it was lovely to hear your voice again and i am sure I will wake up in the middle of the night and think of a thousand and one things to ask love to aunty Pat and good luck to the pair of u this week x x x

  mum Jul 14, 2009 5:42 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.