Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

June 2009

IRELAND | Sunday, 28 June 2009 | Views [316]

Well it is the end of June and i have been here a month now. I still need to find a job, i have signed up to loads of agencies and have been dropping my CV into local shops, but nothing yet :(

I am finding my way around on my own now. I can get to Clarinbridge, Oranmore and Galway center on my own, and i can drop the kids at school without getting lost.

Had some silly moments, like trying to find a letter box, and after walking about for ages, realising i was looking for the wrong thing! Letterboxes in the UK are red, they are green in Ireland. Had to talk to the post lady and let her know i was living here, as there are no house numbers or names, the post lady just knows everyone and sorts the post accordingly.

Because we are so far west, the sun does not set till after 10pm. On clear nights there is still light in the sky at 23.30.

There is a bonfire celebration for midsummer, (the irish don't commemorate 5th november coz Fawkes was Irish) there has been a villiage fair and the local football ground was opened, we have been to Limerick to watch Joe in a big football tournament called The Kennedy Cup, seen John and the girls in their show singing and Barney has finished his leaving certificate exams (equivalent to UK "A" levels)

Been keeping busy, eight people in a house generates enough work on its own, now the school holidays have started we are hoping to have some days out.

Will let you know when i do something exciting! lol

Take care

Hannah x

PS I got the job at Skiworld, going to be working in French Alps for the winter! need to get ski fit now x

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.