Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

My Next Adventure

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 11 June 2009 | Views [467]

Hello again all!

I hinted a few weeks ago about planning my next adventure before I have even started my first one, well here is the info for it.

I am going to spend the winter as a ski chalet host.
I have always fancied trying it, and as there is nothing to tie me down anywhere i figured "why not?"

When i have been skiing before, I have always travelled with Skiworld, and have always found the staff very good and they always seemed happy enough, so my first stop was the Skiworld website. They put me to a link for chalet catering courses that they prefer their staff to have and i found myself looking at and seriously considering the options. I finally picked www.natives. co uk.

So on Sunday 24th May i found myself heading down to Effingham in Surrey, to a girls school to spend a week cooking three course dinners with 13 other people.

Chrissie and Wendy were our tutors for the week, both of them have worked in chalets and have lots of experience so we were able to ask loads of questions and get loads of information.

We were split into groups and each evening a different group was responsible for cooking the three course dinner.On wednesday I was with Charlotte, Ed and Susie cooking a full roast lamb dinner. I have never carved a lamb leg before!

We all spent the evening on tenter hooks, clock watching and worrying about food burning, and after spending hours cookin the food, none of us felt like eating! But, according to all the feed back, everyone had a great evening and enjoyed the food.

The week was ended by a written test on Friday followed by a practical test where we had to plan and budget a three course dinner.

I got A+ in my written exam! I have never got an A+ in anything before!

During the week Skiworld were on site and a lady called Jenny gave me a quick infomal interview with promises to be in touch next week, so fingers crossed that will come off.

Had a great week and learnt loads, and i was not ridiculously old either, which helped me feel more confident about what i had decided to do

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.