Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

Kamikazi dogs and Racing horses

IRELAND | Saturday, 25 July 2009 | Views [386]

The dogs round here are MAD! and i don't mean that they sit out in the midday sun.

The Irish way is to kick your dog out in the morning and let them roam about until they come home in the evening, crazy. As a result the dogs have this very strange attitude towards cars, it is almost indignation that the cars are alowed to disturb their peace, so they make a snarling, barking charge at your car as you drive past. It is very unnerving, but the dogs are very street wise and time the attack to perfection and pull back just before you hit them, but not before you've had heart failure and nearly crashed the car in a ditch! So be warned if you ever plan driving in Ireland.

Next week is Galway race week www.galwayraces.com and i am working in the fast food counter as a supervisor. Race week is MASSIVE in Galway, the whole city is geared towards it. To put it in perspective, the catering company is employing 1500 staff for the week, that is just for food and drink, not security, not car parking, not ticket sales, and absolutely nothing to do with the horses and the entourage they have.

The trip to Dublin was good, the main purpose of the visit was to renew a passport, so we spent most of the day at British Embassy, but saw some shops, mostly LUSH, (i love that shop) went to the park, saw Trinity College and went on a tram. I liked what i saw of Dublin so will be returning to see more.

But i still haven't had a Guinness!

I will put more photos on later.

take care all xx

 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.