Existing Member?

Curly and Gay´s Grand Adventure Two dumb blondes traveling to find sun, fun and flirts!

Sean Penn

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 15 February 2009 | Views [452] | Comments [1]

Kiddi, Isabell, Bard and I decided to hire a Tuc Tuc to drive us around town.  So the next day we went to see the museum S21 and The Killing Fields. It was very hard to see where prisoners had been tortured and killed during the Pol Pot era. I have to admit both Kiddi and I were quite ignorant about Cambodia's history. Very sad history indeed!
Before we went to the Royal Palace we stopped at a traditional Cambodian road side Cafe.  I only ate rice! The idea of eating fish and meat soup didn't appeal to me? I'm actually was surprised that the gang was ok afterwards as the food had been outside for a while? And flies? There were plenty of them?
From there we went to the Royal Palace and then we went to an orphanage just out side the city. We stopped to buy 50kg of rice (which we later found out that it would only feed the whole orphanage in one day, in total 91 children). The orphanage was amazing! The kids were so happy and friendly! We were shown around the place and then we played with the children for over an hour? Kiddie did really well considering that he doesn't like children? I thought maybe he would beat them away with a stick? But he was actually quite a hit, showing off all his games and tricks. This was one of the best days on our trip!
The web site for the orphanage is... www.lighthouseorphans03.org! Check it out! Donate!

Comments

1

Er hann ekki bara hættur að klippa og farinn að vinna á barnaheimili.

  mamma Feb 16, 2009 4:46 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.