Existing Member?

Curly and Gay´s Grand Adventure Two dumb blondes traveling to find sun, fun and flirts!

Siem Riep!

CAMBODIA | Monday, 16 February 2009 | Views [400] | Comments [1]

The following day we took yet another musical (gay) torture bus to Siem Riep! I think they must have known that Kiddi was on the bus because to start with they showed musical videos from Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Rhianna etc. He was beside him self with joy! Then the usual torture music continued and as a special treat they also showed a movie! I'm sure it was in the best foreign film category at the Raspberries last year????
The next day we went to see the amazing Angkor Wat (What?).  Before long we were all contestants in Americas Next Top Tourist! and we had make up, dress change and photo shots all over the Temples. That evening there was an elimination and judges (guest judge is no other than Michael Palin) told Isabell that she had to work on her smile... less gum! Bard was told that he had a limited range of moves and Kiddi was told that he took great pictures but he had to work on his personality. Sadly I got voted off because the judges didn't think that I could work as a high end/couture model. But they did say that I could be a great plus size model and I should use that as a stepping stone into nannying?
At lunch time the next day after seeing Temple number 1002, Kiddi and I got all Templed out. We both started dreaming of cocktails and the swimming pool at the hotel ( It has become apparent that we are not proper back packers! We are fat packers and proud off it).
At the end of the day we walked up a massive hill, and climbed up at least 100 steps onto a huge Temple to watch the sunset with 200 fellow travellers.   We waited for one hour and then the sun decided to hide behind the clouds! So no sunset? Isn't ironic? Don't you think?

Comments

1

why don't we have those magical busses here? I'd even consider being a busdriver in case we did..

  Jacob Feb 19, 2009 8:53 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.