Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

Visiting the surroundings of Cusco

PERU | Wednesday, 27 November 2013 | Views [235]

So another day of adventures and i have decided to take a tour of different Inca and Pre-Inca ruins int he outskirts of Cusco. I join a bus of around 30 Spanish speaking tourist and we drive for around 1h to arrive to the first area which is an old temple to the wafer. I am afraid I can not remember the name of the , but they were pretty i pressive. It is clear that the Inca constracted building for a very specific reason and with great architectural thought behind it. This temple was using the underground wafer source to water all the agricultural terraces they had, views are fantastic.
After this we make our was to Piquillacta with a brief stop to try the Pan de Chute, which are huge round bread loafs with a sweet taste.
It is mid day and full sun is out to Piquillacta which was an old town created Pre-Inca time, aprox 300years prior. This Piquillacta is what is actually known as flea town, no, not because they had fleas in the area, but because the size of the rooms were a lot smaller than in Inca times. It is not clear why and when exactly did this town disappear,
From here we drive to San Pedro Church, which is also known as the: Capilla Sixtina of South America, unfortunately we are not allowed to take pictures, but inside every wall and celing has big paintings and decorations, hence the resemblance with the Italian Church. Once out of the religious building we get the opportunity go see a small shop that works with silver and explained how to differentiate good from bad silver (not sure I would be able to identify it even after the explanation :-).
A long day full of information for my small brain again!

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.