Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

More Cusco

PERU | Tuesday, 26 November 2013 | Views [229]

So I have nothung booked for this day. I have decided to walk the San Pedro Market as it one of the most famous ones of the city. So after breakfast I make my way to the market. Just a 10min walk. And it is true, the market is huge. There are different stalls of fruits, arts & crafts, cheese, meat, food area, etc... I walk around taking it all in. It is true to say that the peruvian must have a very strong stomach, because the food that was being prepared lets just say wasn't in the best conditions :-). But the locals were having large quantities of cooked food and it was only 9am!
I strolled around for about 1h when I decided to leave. I made my way to the main square and looked for Starbucks. Yes, I know, shameful :-). But I needed a little bit of something that felt like home. A nice ice tea and a chocolate alfajore made me feel nice amd rested.
So after my break my intention was to go to the choco museum, but I got distracted by the touristic bus. Since it was a nice sunny day I fancied just plotting my bum on the top floor of thr bus and enjoy the nice scenary of the city. A good choice and after a 1h30 i got back to the hostel for a small siesta/rest.
Come 4pm i've decided I should get out again. I make my way to the chocolate museum. It is a pretty little quaint location and it is amazing what they can do with chocolate. I of course find it fascinating and delicious at the same time. I sign up for a chocolate workshop for early next week where I will be shown how chocolate is made and have the opportunity to make some and take it with me.
I also sign up for a Peruvian cooking class for Saturday evening. We will start by all going to the market shopping for the ingredients and then cooking amd eating what we make. Really looking forwards to that.
After all thst excitement of a full day I retire back to the hostel to read my book and have an early night.

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.