Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

Trip to Machu Pichu Day 1

PERU | Thursday, 28 November 2013 | Views [252]

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the US. I am taking a 2 day trip to Machu Pichu by train :-). So first we have the opportunity to visit 2 more archeological sites on route to the train station, we first stop in Pisac, already at the start of the sacret valley route, this is a huge Inca village in between huge mountains. It is really stunning views. We are given 1h to walk around and explore by ourselves.
On the way down from the moutain we briefly stop in the actual Pisac town and visit their local market with fruits and vegetabke being displayed.
Continueing our route we stop in Urubamba for buffet lunch, from here we drive to Ollantaytambo. A little town where the train to Machu Pichu goes as well as having its own Inca city. Its on the side of a mountain and certain hiking up is needed. Again the views are spectacular. This city was built from a stone quary that was around 8km away, which meant carrying manually all of the big stones. Very impressive.
I am dropped by the tour guide near the train station and I get to wait 3h by a hot chocolate for ny train. It is dark when I board, hence I can't see the scenary. After a 1h.40min ride we arrive to the town of Machu Pichu. I am directed to my hostel and after a brief talk with the guide i am told that. We are meeting at 5am the next morning! Off to bed.

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.