Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

More Quito

ECUADOR | Monday, 28 October 2013 | Views [208]

So, after a hard Sunday gering over my cold and The altittude effects (if i had any), I decided to go and visit "La Mitad del mundo" which basically is the Equator line. After making my way on 2 public buses jammed packed with people i was dropped of at the front door.
Now good thing about it: It was a Monday and the place was empty practically.
The bad thing: what a touristic place! Granted, its cool to see the freaking line but the rest is just a show.
In the afternoon i decided to take a trip to Café Mosaico which is on one of Quito's hill's. Spectacular views of the city of Quito, added to the delicious taste of a chocolate smoothie :-). After that lovely snack and view back to my guesthouse to grab my stuff for a night bike ride.
So yes, decided to join a group ride organized by a local shop. Rented a bike and helmet and off we went with no lights! 60 local people mainly riding the hilly city of Quito. So between getting over a cold, the altittude and the hills Lets just say the air in my lungs was short. The best bit was the stop we made at the street food carts to have fried tripe.... :-).
So after getting back to my bed at 11.30pm I can say that was one good long day!

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.