Existing Member?

Rebel with a cause 6 weeks, 2 countries, 4 climates and just myself to explore :-)!

My first day

ECUADOR | Sunday, 27 October 2013 | Views [240]

Well, I made it safe and sound to the centre of the world! After 2flights (yes, I was upgraded both flights :-)) I managed to land safe and sound. First adventure already at the airport when I attempted to go to the toilet only to be told by the cleaning lady that the men's toilet was the other door!! Apparently women don't wear short hair here. After that I could not find my pick up, but a quick call in local language (thank god I speak Spanish) sorted that out. I arrived at my hotel just before midnight. I was beat! 

Woke up early and had a nice cold shower.... hot water was no where to be seen. Breakfast was simple but plenty. I was being picked at 10.30 by Daniela who was a contact of my friend Jorrit. This was perfect, because having a cold, being at a height of over 9000ft I really didn't have much energy to make my brain cells work on things to do! So Daniela and her friend took me Round the old part of town. Visited plenty of churches and entered the one called La Compania. The whole of the inside was covered in" pan de oro" which basically wood painted with a sheet of gold. It was for sure bright! then decided to go to Holet Andalucia for some food where I chose a potato soup with cheese and avocado, delicious. 

So after some walking around, some lovely food and good company I decided to go back to hotel for a siesta and relaxing afternoon. Taking it easy and planning my day for tomorrow which looks like will include a visit to the centre of Ecuador and a night bike ride.

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.