Existing Member?

Edge of Chaos 2011/2012

Cambodia (29/11-2/12)

CAMBODIA | Friday, 2 December 2011 | Views [394]

After getting back from the killing fields and s-21 i was pretty keen for a quiet night so i headed out to grab some dinner..i found a nice little local restaurant that seemed pretty busy so i sat down and ordered some food..after a couple of minutes a table of 5 local tuktuk drivers realised i was sitting by myself and hence decided to ask me to join..i couldnt see anything threatening with the situation so i thought when not..it was a really special experience and i suppose one of those things that comes with traveling by yourself..after sharing my meal we ordered all manner of Avery dishes..i have no idea what any of it was but after mixing it up with some local spices and nuts it ws delicious..the best part is that its acceptable to throw your bones on the floor after your finished to clear space for the next lot! Get with the times aus..they were also drinking pretty heavily and of course i had to join..they said they had all had a good day on the tuktuks and so were celebrating..we went through a heap of jugs and just as i caught myself getting a little out of hand i pulled the plug, trying to keep what had been an awesome evening just that..so after resisting the invitation to go to a club i paid the bill and headed back to the hostel..

the next morning i ran some errands, checked out a few book stores and the river and then caugt the bus down to Sihanoukville..the bus ride was as usual delayed but all in all pretty smooth sailing..i ended p getting a bed at the big easy and spent the first night just chilling out..i met some nice dutch girls and had a few quiet beers with them before retiring to bed..


The next day i hired a moped and cruised around the beaches..i ended up finding a beautiful little beach a fairway out of town and spent the day out there reading and playing with the kids..i met some nice aussie girls out there and i joined them that afternoon for a swim in their pool..that afternoon i watched the sun set on one of the remote beaches and shared dinner with a local family who invited me to join them in their sea food feast..very cool..

THat night we all met up and had dinner at the local markets, trying some unidentified yet interesting meats..after that we had beers on the beach and let off some really cool fireworks that the kids were selling along the beach..after that things got a little wild and i met back up with the ducth girls and the night went from there..choas ensued but it was good times and the night ended with me talking an english girl into buying me a hotdog and walking me home..


Im ashamed to say that the next day was a write off, not only because i was hungover but because i got a proper bout of the runs..i spent most of the day in bed and made it out of the hostel just to go for a ride on the moped and have a swim and some dinner whist the sun was setting..THat night i resisted the temptation and peer pressure to do it all again (as i was afraid of shitting myself at any moment) and retired to bed nice and early..I loaded up on drugs in the hope of stopping the onslaught and thankfully it seems to be getting a little better..

O

About grizzly_bear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.