Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

recent news

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 1 June 2008 | Views [677]

Im starting to get lazy about this blog, but your not missing much. Here's some of the recent highlights:

My history class went to a bar to watch a soccer game for an hour during our usual break thats supposed to be 20 minutes.  The Professor ordered the beer so it was legit. We had about 45 minutes of class afterward, not much was learned.

As for the bad news, I had the worst date of my entire life the other day, I figured he'd just take me out for coffee, since it was a sunday afternoon, but he ended up taking me to a crappy shopping center and ordered me a coca-cola since i didn't want a beer. Then when it was finally over, he started driving around aimlessly in a park where there are about 1,000 transvestite prostitutes, apparently he was looking for a bar. Just when i thought i was home free since he couldn't find it, he pulls up to a bar that is completely closed and waits, and tells me that is going to open.  At this point I'm confused as hell, then i get even more confused when a waiter comes up to the car with two random drinks.  The guy buys them and I guess the point of the "bar" is just to sit in the car and drink. Im not at all cool with that, and leave my seatbelt on, ready to get the hell out of there. I think he finally got the hint and drove me home.

I'm about ready to throw my cell phone in el rio de la plata since i barely answer it anyway. Anyhow, I've still been going out and having the ususal fun. One of my favorite bars was shut down for sanitation issues, so its trowing me off a little.

As far as school goes, I've been preparing for my examps a papers already on the 6th floor of the national library. Im starting the recongnize the same people. Its common place for evertone to bring a bag of cookies there and to finish the entire thing. I can't believe everyone is still skinny. i've almost jumped on the bandwagon, but I can't bring myself to be son unhealthy.

The farmers are protesting again, the've been blocking one of the highways with tractors and spreading grain all over the road. I think im noticing the effect on the food prices. Certain things (empanandas en specific) have doubled in price since I got here.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.