Existing Member?

Mi Querida Sudamerica

My Pilar Express Experience

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 13 March 2008 | Views [1403]

Tuesday, I wanted so badly to go to class but my attempts to arrive failed. It was supposed to be my first class, fitopathologia (plant pathology). I planned far in advance how to get there since the class is in Pilar, a town in the provincia about an hour from me.  I left the apartment at 7 am to take a bus to the "Pilar Express" bus stop at Puente Savedra which is the the border between capital federal and the provincia. I end up getting to Puente Savedra extremely early, which was not the best idea since its an ugly place with sketchy people.  It was also still dark, the weather was cold, and I suffered constant bombardment of bus exhaust since there are a billion bus stops there. There were a ton of Pilar Express busses stopping but the one that goes directly to the university never came. I became frustrated enough to give up about 45 minutes after the bus was supposed to arrive and called the secretary of the agromomy department from a locutorio to figure out what the hell I need to do to get to class.  Turns out that next week when I go I need to take the bus where the route begins, in el centro, which means I need to leave the house even earlier.  I'm not going to be happy if I wake up that early and miss the bus again.

Wednesday I also tried to go to a class without success. I showed up at the time and place where the class will be next semester. Turns out the department, and that department only, puts up the class schedule for the first and second semester toghter. So tomorrow, Friday morning, I have my first class of the week, if all goes well.

This week I did no going out, but spent pleanty of time out of the house shopping, taking a tan, etc. I did go out to eat with a friend (so I thought) yesterday, but turns out the creep drove me directly to his apartment afterward. To make a long story short, I got the hell out of there and I don't think he'll attempt to speak to me ever again.

Im looking forward to the weekend, I'm going to the Bob Dylan concert with Carolina (erikas chilean roommate) and I may be starting salsa lessons.

Tags: machismo, transportaion

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.