Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Tuesday 12th July 11 - Uyuni , Bolivia

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 12 July 2011 | Views [383]

We just arrived after sitting in a jeep for 4 days. it was a comfortable jeep but yet its nice to have space again.

The salt planes were amazing. Because of the melting of the snow the salt plane was covered with 2cm of waterwhich reflected the surroundings perfectly. As well as that, at there is nothing to see but the horizon. perfect flatness and very surreal.

as we drive on we see an amazing sunrise and as the land comes alive we see big circular salt pads above the water that Graham called salt lillies as thats what they look like. i have no idea how they all come to be perfectly round and the same size.

further on our driver points out the ´´eyes of the lake´´ as the salt plates have some holes in in and the depth of water goes on for ever. suddenly we feel alot less confident as we seem to be driving on a salt crust 30cm thick with a 2 ton truck. but we get there in the end after some crazy photos with dinasours and giants. nerly got crushed by a giant orange too. hopefully the photos turn out good.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.