Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Sunday 26th June 11 - Ubatuba

BRAZIL | Sunday, 26 June 2011 | Views [281]

It is raining then it poors. And not like in Holland, but so much I´ve never seen in my life. It looks like the heavens have opened and frop their heavy load on us. But then again, we are in the rain forest.

What to do but to make a cup of tea. In the mean time, Graham cooks some clothes in the oven. It´s our last resort in trying to get them dry. it has been six days since we washed them. But they don´t seem to get passed the piont of midly damp. But surely have passed from smelling fresh, to a bit mouldy. Like everything in our appartment. Which has resulted in giving me a bit of a cleaning disorder, or to me procise, airing disorder. Yes mother, it has finanlly happend. What you couldn´t, the rainforest of Brazil did. As I scratch my ear and then the other one, as I managed to be bitten in both, among numerous other places. I have to conclude that the insect repellent stuff doesn´t help, neither does putting on long sleve damp cloths as the buggers seem to sting right true it. Thank god for the mosquito net.

In the mean time, Grom had plenty of surf, not great as I understand. But it is surely doing him good. As he starts to look more and more like the locals. As he gets more toned by the day. And the only part that is still so white, it shines in he dark, is the part we do not mention.

I´m getting much better at standing on my head. Grom is really proud he can do it with his legs fully streached now to. But you´ll have to exsuse me as my husband requires me to play shithead with him.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.