Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Tuesday 21st June 11 - Ubatuba

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 21 June 2011 | Views [263] | Comments [1]

the time is flying in this weird country. we fell like we just start to get to know it, but we are here for 2 weeks already. then again, its such a diverse andhuge country, we really do just see the tip of the iceberg of it. ive be contemplating why there is only one tap in the shower, how do you get it warm then, or regulate the temperature. i had an epiphany while standing under it today. they have no hot water boiler or any form of water heating system in the houses. instead they have these shower heads that look like the top of a big watering can, what heat up the water as it streams through, working of the electricity. if you want to have hot water, you let a small stream of water flow through, for colder let more water flow. i still prefer my hot water boiler as then you still have a nice water pressure all the time, but at least this knowledge makes my showers alot more comfortable.

Brazil is a huge country, the size of europe and the roads dont help while travelling. compared to these the irish ones look like a granprix course. im used to the dutch roads, where you still have a proper concrete / tarmac road even being in the middle of nowhere driving to the land of some farmer. here they have hostels next to mud roads and you pray that you taxi wont get stuck in it when you arrive.

today we tried to cycle them into town as we were looking for an internet cafe. Graham was plowing away on the rustest bike i have ever seen in my life. i wont be suprise if it collapses today or tomorrow under the weight of a person on it. it has no brakes either and with brazil being a bit hilly it creates some exciting moments for graham. my bike is in a bit better condition which im very thankful for as i chicken out a bit. Graham yells at me that you have to live up to my countries biking ways and speed up, so as a good wife should i try and hurry up.

Graham caught some waves this morning and i treated myself to a nice massage. there has to be some balance eh. another great day to look back at

 

Comments

1

hallo,
a lot of nice stories, but still not a word about soccer ; Brasil should be very soccer minded ; We saw "nice" a picture in the newspaper ; there was still some dispute when the soccer final for the copa banana (south-america champions league) was completed;
Sao paulo had won the game, but there started a fight between the players : some kickboxing accions.
byby

  ko Jun 26, 2011 1:44 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.