Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Wednesday 15th June 11 - Macumba / Recreiro

BRAZIL | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [253]

Finding Sunscreen aint easy here. finally we find it in a pharmacy where it turns out to be so expensive for such a small bottle taht you wonder if they see pale skin as a strange disease and you have to pay alot to protect it. doing normal things around here takes a long time as we dont speak portaguese and the speaking chicken as i call it( where you flap your arms and go tok tok tok  to order chicken)only gets you so far., and usually with a higher bill for the Gringos. But we are getting more and more the hang of this country and getting into the hippy vibe.

Yesterday we went out for dinner with the owners of the surf and stay, katherine and mauro,witht their little son Taji, tot hsi restaurant that serves traditional brazilian food from up north. we had this pumpkin filled with shrimp and cheese, and yes i do mean a full pumpkin filled with beautiful food. it was supposed to be for 2 people but it was enough for all five of us. apparently all the food you order here is usually for 2 , might explain why we kept getting so much all the time.

Today the weather was a bit cloudy but there was alot more swell and as graham persists in wearing only shorts and a rash vest and refuses to where his wetsuit i keep getting him bacl with blue lips and shaking saying he had to come in cause the sun was gone and now he cant feel his fingers.where his sore throat us from , i dont know honey.

I figured out how to get to our new location and book a hostel which took me all day. its surely not easy to travel here and not cheap either but we are getting there

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.