Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Tuesday 14th June 11 Horse trek Macumba - Recreiro

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 14 June 2011 | Views [403] | Comments [2]

As I sit on the back of Pickolini(wich means ice cube) my white, somewhat slow horse, we drive true the rain forest. Which is an ideal way for me as most people will remember I have an somewhat extreme fear of snakes. And being high on my big pony as Graham calls it, I feel somewhat safe. We have been promised a 3 hour horse trek and go for a swim under a waterfall. Which turns out to be a small stream and as the water only comes as far up as your knees, swimming is not really an option. But its still a really nice experience. And as we pass a dead snake on the road, our guide defines as a cobra, and Graham sweetly informs me that a bite from one of those will result in a slow, but aganising dead. I find that I dont have the extreme reaction to snakes no more. As my poor dad will remember well, i jumped on his back being 10 when seeing a dead snake on the road, the size of a rain worm.

Graham is really good at horse riding so we have lots of fun wizzing around. We are definately going to do that again.

We had to do some laundry and we got back to the simple life, doing it all by hand. So we have half of our room filled with laundry now. We chat to lots of other travellers about where to go and got good tips. Getting us all exited of our next stop.

 

Comments

1

Great writing Loes

  James Fitton Jun 16, 2011 10:06 PM

2

Hey, It looks you are enjoying yourselfs. Luckely that snake was dead. I hate snakes, but I hate them less when they are already dead. I always tell myself: they can't help it being a snake, they can't help it that other snakes killed people before, but most of the time it wont really help and I keep on hating them. Well anyway try to consentrate on the horses.

  Sien Jun 17, 2011 1:45 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.