Existing Member?

GPzMike Abroad

Thur May 24, t+38

PHILIPPINES | Thursday, 24 May 2012 | Views [443]

Wellllll....crud. It doesn't look like the Mayor plan is going to come together for us. There is, however, another very likely looking site that we are calling 'The Mahogany Forest Site' since it's a mahogany tree plantation at the moment. The trees are young-ish (perhaps 10 or so years?) though the area is pretty and serene with birds and rustling leaves and quite cool under the shade of the trees. Seems a shame on some level to tear it out and put in a bunch of quadraplex homes. There is some thought that the site is large enough to encompass the balance of our commitment to build another 160 or so homes. I'm not so sure it's that large especially once you take into account that roads must be provided to access the homes. We shall see as tomorrow we are slated to receive the site plan for the lot. We could be ready to build as soon as 10 days from today. With the rate things move here I'm thinking more like 14 plus days.
It's likely going to get a tad uncomfortable around here for a spell until we can sink our pick axes into the soil there.
We seem to have come out of the rainy trending spell of weather we had going. But tonight it dumped somethin' fierce so who the heck knows.

About gpzmike


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.