Existing Member?

GPzMike Abroad

Wed, April 25, t+9

HAITI | Wednesday, 25 April 2012 | Views [419] | Comments [1]

9 days is it? Yikes. Feels like 4 or 5.
I'm sick as a dog. Really bad congestion in my lungs, fevery/burning skin, running nose, headache...all the good things. Been down for 2 days. If I'm not feeling able to work tomorrow I will go to the hospital and see if they can figure out what's wrong and get me well again.
This sucks. I'm here to be active and do stuff not slough around on my arse coughing and being miserable, dagnabbit.
I'm out.
heres the worksite:
 8°27'10.79" N 124°36'18.31" E
here's the base:
 8°27'36.77" N 124°36'18.81" E

Comments

1

We just received a message from the building program lead for All Hands in the Philippines that Mike:

"took ill earlier this week, and after 3 days went to get some tests at a nearby hospital. They took him in for some further testing and observation where he has been able to rest the past 2 days. He informed me that he was officially diagnosed with Dengue fever (not Dengue hemorrhagic fever, which would have been much more serious), which does match many of the conditions he was reporting. It's not life threatening and he is receiving excellent care and constant monitoring. I saw him yesterday and he is in good spirits and recovering well. He expects to be out tomorrow or the next, they are working to get him back to a level of normal, maybe not carrying 2 shoulders of 42kg cement bags Mike style normal, but regular human normal."

As we hear more, we'll post it, unless Mike is able to do so himself, once he's back on base with internet access.

  Carol Leister Apr 28, 2012 10:56 AM

About gpzmike


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Haiti

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.