Existing Member?

GPzMike Abroad

April 18, 2:02 t+3

PHILIPPINES | Thursday, 19 April 2012 | Views [263]

Okay, tried to make the 11.5 hour flight in one sitting but fell short by an hour and a half. We are now 40 minutes from landing and I know my limit for sitting in a seat is just about 11 hours. I started to wiggle around and be uncomfortable (bladder crying out for release didn't help! hehe).
In the Manila airport now. Thought I was going to end up in the wrong terminal but it all worked out.
Looking out the window of the plane on descent and it was looking somewhat like Haiti in it's building structures: concrete block, walls around everyone's home with pointy security bars across the top. But there the similarity seemed to end. Still hot, though. Matt was right...doesnt feel as hot as it did in Haiti. The air didn't slam into me like it did in Haiti when I walked off the plane. I gotta couple hours of layover here then the last leg begins. everyone I've talked to here and on the flights have agreed that I'm going to love Cagayan de Oro. One local fellow said Manilians (hmm) go there on the weekends and for short holidays...great beaches and quite pretty area. That will be nice for the weekend/breaks.

 

About gpzmike


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.