Existing Member?

Gauri's Adventures

I rode a bike.. and ate alone!

ITALY | Wednesday, 23 May 2007 | Views [496]

Today we left school at la pausa and came home to get ready for Lucca. We met Chiara at the bus and took the hottest bus ride ever to Lucca. I tried to fall asleep because I was so tired and I kept waking up sweaty and feeling sick. Not a good feeling at all, it felt like I was in India during the summer or something. Plus, I was really nervous because we were going to be going on a bike tour of the city walls and I am not the world’s best biker. When we got to Lucca, we went to have a snack since we were all feeling a little down from the bus ride and I had a delicious lemon granita which the man made like a slush puppy by adding in the lemon flavor. After our snack, we went for a walk through Lucca which reminded me a lot of Sienna. It is a pretty small town but I liked it. Chiara and I went for a longer walk while the other girls went up to the top of this tower. I didn’t feel like climbing a lot of steps because I was still feeling icky from the bus ride. We went in a few cute stores though and I of course found purses I wanted, but didn’t buy (which is a good thing for me!). After we met up with the girls, we went to meet the guide for the bike tour. I told him I wasn’t very good with bikes and that I was kind of nervous but he said it wasn’t too hard and I would be fine. I’m really glad that there weren’t any cars on the wall, just people walking/running and bikers. I have established that I am just bad at starting and stopping and once I get going I do alright as long as there is no one in my way or no one gets too close. At one point during the ride, I felt my life flash before my eyes when I car was on one side of me and a motorcycle was on the other. But I made it and I’m still alive! I also called Mom after we were through and she was really proud of me, which I knew she would be. Everyone knows my bike riding skills! After the bike tour, we came back on a much cooler bus to Florence. I really wanted a pizza so I didn’t get a foccacia with everyone else, and I thought they were going to eat with me but they decided they didn’t want pizza. I ended up eating at Le Colinine all by myself! I just ate inside and ordered my pizza and water quickly and ate just as quickly. It wasn’t awful but it was definitely not something I want to do again because I hate eating alone! Eating is not a solitary activity.

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.