Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Our amazing NZ summer

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 8 January 2011 | Views [408]

Good day trip up the valley

Good day trip up the valley

NZ has been pulling out the amazing weather for the summer so far. We both had a busy Nov/Dec with school groups through the rafting center. This was great for the bank as well as to keep us out of trouble!

Xmas was a great day. We headed to Palmerston North to be with Dion's family as his brother and niece were out from Singapore. Was a fantastic day sheared with family and friends. We had to cut it short though and headed back to Taupo to be with my family who had came up from Hawkes Bay. Was a lovely evening BBQ and stinking hot! Good work Taupo!! Boxing day was great day to relax and swim and be with everyone.

Back to work between xmas and new years before another celebration of another year been and gone..... wow already! Weird to think that this time last year we were in China on a tropical island. But upwards and onwards to a new year and new challenges.

I have managed to grab a few days off before Dion heads away. We went up the Waipakihi valley which is close by and Im not to sure why we havent been there before! Awesome place! We also managed to head down to Wellington before xmas to catch up with friends and family. Also headed to Auckland as a staff trip which was brilliant. We got to head out on the Americas cup boat for a sale around the harbor. Great times for sure so thanks to TRR for that! Im sure there has been heaps of other cool things we have done but I can't think of them right now :)

Dion is flying out on Monday 10th to Jamaica for 3 months. Once again Im staying behind to hold the fort! It will be another long 3 months but the internet is a wonderful tool! Im sure though time will fly by with the amount of work that we'll be doing as we need to save funds to get back overseas.

Hears to 2011... BRING IT ON


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.