Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Lots of Snow and a trip to town

CHILE | Sunday, 1 August 2010 | Views [447]

Town square

Town square

Well first month is over and all is well, not much to report, for a few reasons.

 The first being that we have had largest snow dump, they said it was the biggest in the last 15yrs. This prevented us from going up the hill to build trails, so we started to build a skills trail in the local forest near our house. This was a flat area but still was under 2ft of snow. But the last few days have been blue sky days enabling us to head up the hill again. Lots of digging being had, and log bridges being made to get over the many small springs and streams that we come across. The digging is hit and miss with some areas easy and other areas super rocky.

The second reason being cos we are land locked here. We are a 30min boat ride from the main jetty and then 1hr van ride from the local town. We have however made it once to there. We thought we had lots of snow but as we headed to town we realised the extent of it all, HEAPS.....

Town was not what I expected it was rather small and dirt roads. I would have to say was the first real time that I felt I was in Chile. Guess it was the signs and people talking that did it. We hung around town for a couple of hours and bumpt into a few of the other kiwis from the other site. Funny huh no matter where in the world you are you always bump into other kiwis, same happened in Santiago on the bus, and he was from Palmy North.

So any way the area is glamour and the crew are all good sorts tho the young guys (grommies) get a few hassles but all in good humour. The meals are big and i hope im not putting too much weight on tho am getting over salmon. Anyway thats about all at the moment and hope to add some more stories latter on.... Hope the pics tell some of the story so far.

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.