Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

So here I am - JAMAICA

JAMAICA | Saturday, 15 January 2011 | Views [323]

My green beast and the trails

My green beast and the trails

I left NZ on Monday afternoon and after 2 days of forever traveling (it felt like it not sure if really was!) we made it to Kingston, Jamaica. We were picked up in a mean as van and taken out to the middle of nowhere which is now home.

We arrived around midnight tired and smelly after to many airport transits and lots of movie watching (as well as beer). The next day we had to go out and ride the trails as we were starting work on Thursday at 7am.... talk about getting straight into it. But its a great way to try and knock the jet lag :)

We are surrounded by rain-forest and coffee plantation. 100m down the road is a coffee factory so therefore we get great coffee every morning. YUMMMM. Every morning there is a mass arrival of locals who are here working with us, 40 of them all turn up to come dig trails. There are about another 5-7 behind the fence trying to get work as wel. The local language is a little tough to pick up but they do speak English just in a different manner! Time will make it easier for sure.

Other than that not much else right now. I will update again soon as we will be heading out to see some sights when we have time off.

 

 

Travel Answers about Jamaica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.