Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Just some local days

CHINA | Monday, 15 February 2010 | Views [422]

The little boy who runs by going

The little boy who runs by going "yeah"

Well Chinese New Year.... WOW how many fireworks can be let off at one go around the area. Would hate to think about how the whole country looked from space!! We were lucky enough to be at home and on the roof watching the biggest ever show. It was worth 1millon RMB (about 240,000NZD) but since it was soooo huge there was a massive amount of smoke so after 10mins you couldn't see too much!! At the same time though the rest of the resort around the village were setting their fireworks off so no matter which was you looked there were fireworks! It was the craziest thing we have ever seen! Before this all started which was midnight, we got to have a huge family dinner (being just the 8 of us flatmates). Was delicious food and good times around the table. We also had to set off our own firecrackers to keep the house safe from the ancestors. For 3 days now every house has been setting them off over the day and the village sounds like it is at war.

Down the road from us is the best noodle's in the village. For 5RMB you get a massive plate of spicy noodles and the owners little boy is so cute. He knows us as we go there so often so will run up to us and say "Yeah" while doing the peace sign, then run away laughing at himself.

The kids in the village have amazing freedom. They get to roam the streets doing whatever and are often seen letting of fireworks/crackers. You kind of have to be careful so they don't get you while you are walking down the street!! Or if you are down on the beach watching the sunset they will come up to you and start talking.... we have no idea what they are saying yet they carry on happy as! Makes us laugh every time!!!

March is getting closer, so next week we will be out hiking for 4 days through the rainforest as well as other activities getting everyone up to speed for school groups. Till then we are enjoying the sunshine and swimming at the beach.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.