Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Day by Day

CHINA | Wednesday, 10 February 2010 | Views [416]

This is what was caught!!

This is what was caught!!

Well we haven't been up to too much once again. Times are very slow here for sure, Island life i guess though. 

Dion has been out on a few hikes searching for a hiking trail for Duke Of Ed trips but with little luck so far. The rainforest's are just to dense and no room for camping. We are still on the look out though and he is off tomorrow on another hike. Hopefully this time there wont be too many leeches like there were last time. But it is the same area he is heading into so I wouldn't be surprised if they come back with blood all over them!

We have a super busy March coming up so we are just gearing up for that mainly. We have been able to take some "training" days out in the surf so that has been good for morel. Beats sitting in the village all day! We also were board the other evening so went out for a fish, the big ones are super hard to find due to population of people fishing, but small ones are plentiful. As you see in the photo of how big Dion's fish was!!! Just all part of the fun.

Starting on Friday is Chinese New Year. This is about a 10 day national holiday where most things shut down, and if not closed then working but prices are huge. It is already super busy in town and transport is packed where ever you go. So I think we are not going to be going too far from our little village for a while. We will have a big feast on the the Eve which is on Friday.

So thats about it for now from Sunny Sanya. The temp has started to rise and most days is 28degrees and super humid. So easy to sweat here now and I am thankful that we wont be here for the summer. 

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.