Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Its all a little crazy

CHINA | Saturday, 6 March 2010 | Views [437]

Floating village on way to see the Sea Turtles

Floating village on way to see the Sea Turtles

Once again sorry for the delay in updating our blog but it has been the last thing on our minds! We have now started our crazy mental month and yah 1 week down 3 to go!!

So Feb was busy trying to get things sorted for this month. We had some awesome hikes up in the rainforest trying to find the track for Duke Of Ed hikes. We kinda found one but its nothing like home. So hard to organize when there are no topo maps of the area. So there is another company here that has taken over this old foresty shelter which we are able to base ourselves out of. They have all the camping equipment there so no need to hike with anything except food. The forest was pretty cool, with heaps of leeches! We did a day hiking up a stream and around waterfalls, clearly not a place for students! But the area is choice and we will be back in there next week. 

We also went for some training to this rainforest park called Yonada. Think tourism in a rainforest with heaps of tour buses coming through. The walk was on wooden boardwalk with a really annoying lady giving a talk the whole way around. Was funny to see Chinese tourism at its best.

After that we headed out to see some sea turtles that are being nursed back to health so they can be released back into the wild. The village that the company is in is a floating village. We had to grab a water taxi to it and then got to hang out with the turtles. There was a cool dog there which was meant to be the guard dog but he was super friendly! So happy to see company I guess.

So now we are up to school groups. The first week has been a goodie, the surf was massive and the kids loved it. Just hope the rest of the month is good like that! Now we have a day of rest before we get slammed with schools over lapping! Oh the joy of it.

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.